Forums

Make Your Own Chess.com BOT!

Sort:
Fakeskaterboy

So I had a suggestion that would be a pretty cool feature if chess.com added it. So I think that chess.com should make a section called Design your own BOT! It might sound confusing at first but maybe they can add a feature where you can type in words that YOU would play first. For example, If i play the move Nf3 All the time maybe you can type it into a box and your bot will always play that. And also there can be a feature where you can type in your trash talk. How Cool Would That Be?!!! Can someone please spread this because this would be Soooo cool and I hope they add it. If you wanna contact me my email is : [email protected]   Discord : Fakeskaterboy#0826.                                           -Fakeskaterboy.          

toxic_rabbit

nice idea but llikelthat would be a lotk of works 

chrisuFNF

i would like chess.com to make that

anandangan

go to the help option and then click on "make a suggestion" and tell your sggustion.

Arsh_Chess

Nice idea 

anonymousFunky
Great idea. distract everyone from the UnReal Chess bots crowding the matchmaking. What would be even better is, Remove Bots all together and Fix Servers
kachigaru
Fakeskaterboy wrote:

So I had a suggestion that would be a pretty cool feature if chess.com added it. So I think that chess.com should make a section called Design your own BOT! It might sound confusing at first but maybe they can add a feature where you can type in words that YOU would play first. For example, If i play the move Nf3 All the time maybe you can type it into a box and your bot will always play that. And also there can be a feature where you can type in your trash talk. How Cool Would That Be?!!! Can someone please spread this because this would be Soooo cool and I hope they add it. If you wanna contact me my email is : [email protected]   Discord : Fakeskaterboy#0826.                                           -Fakeskaterboy.          

thats an idea

anandangan

So I had a suggestion that would be a pretty cool feature if chess.com added it. So I think that chess.com should make a section called Design your own BOT! It might sound confusing at first but maybe they can add a feature where you can type in words that YOU would play first. For example, If i play the move Nf3 All the time maybe you can type it into a box and your bot will always play that. And also there can be a feature where you can type in your trash talk. How Cool Would That Be?!!! Can someone please spread this because this would be Soooo cool and I hope they add it. If you wanna contact me my email is : [email protected]   Discord : Fakeskaterboy#0826.                                           -Fakeskaterboy.          

Chess.com support is working on it!

anandangan
Fakeskaterboy wrote:

Martin_Stahl
anandangan wrote:
Fakeskaterboy wrote:

I haven't heard of anything like that being planned.

anandangan

But I'm not lying!

anandangan
Martin_Stahl wrote:
anandangan wrote:
Fakeskaterboy wrote:

But I'm not lying!

Martin_Stahl
anandangan wrote:

But I'm not lying!

Do you have a link to where a staff member has mentioned anything like that planned for here? Support may have suggested it to developers based on a request, but they don't decide on or implement changes/features.

Thoughtdancerschoice

Didn't that happen in the 90's at Yahoo chess?  Yeah  it did.  In fact there was a whole website for making much better bots than you have imagined...  The ghost of the site still exists, but it is dying...   autochess.com I think some of the paid sites gave the folk over there legal trouble (like the couldn't talk about ICC hacks), but...  There were a lot of how to set up a 'bot' for yahoo chess instructions.  The chatter box, bots, you were talking about is a different, but much easier task and not dwelt on there (too easy, and doable with little coding knowledge)

zone_chess

I agree, that would be fantastic. You would have to have the ability to put in a decision tree up to x levels depth. As in, I open with 1. d4 and if 1... Nf6 2...Nf3 . The custom trash talk feature is cool too but far less important.

You just want to be able to program your own opening system and let the AI take over after that at a selected strength level. That way you can learn to play against yourself in specific lines.

But it should also be possible to give the AI some preferences, like a human would. For example, bishop pair > knight pair but knight pair > bishop + knight. And the proclivity to hold on to certain pieces rather than exchanging, opening lines and specific diagonals vs. creating closed positions. Endgame situations and preferred mating patterns. That's what helps define a human player's style.

Pawiu117

Something like this could be really interesting. On the technical side, it could work similarly to discord bots.
For example, connecting to the bot using a token and responding to specific events, e.g. joining a party, opponent's move, sending a message in the chat, bot activity status

BlueLuigiDude

Honestly, in my opinion, I’d worry less about where the bot moves and rather what the bot says. That would be really cool if you could program the chess engine to say certain things. I’d also like it if you could upload a photo to the engine to use as the bot’s profile picture and could create a username for the bot, which could allow you to make bot versions of video game characters. If chess.com ever allows us to make the bots of our dreams with certain things we can program them to say, I’m making a bot version of my dad.

Talfor0

They really should. That would be amazing!

ProKameron

This is the perfect idea.

pietrozanchetta

So I fought of an idea where chess.com can make a bot vs bot feature so you can do stuff like maximum chess bot vs magnus carlsen bot