Forums

I hate chess.com new "game review" UI on android (or mobile)

Sort:
vinalmira

Is it only me who hate new game review UI on android?

Perhaps bcoz I'm used to the old UI, somehow there were cerrain routine when I did a game review that can't be done in new UI. I forget what it is. In this new UI it seems I am being forced to get a compact analysis without I can do a deep analysis. Btw I'm subscribing as gold member (not diamond or higher). Is it bcoz I'm only gold member so that the benefit is reduced?

Is there any way I can switch or alternate between old and new game review? Sorry if it is actually have a setting to set back to old game review and please tell me, thanks

New game review UI

Martin_Stahl

You can use Start Review to see the full info or use the Analysis icon to analyze manually.

vinalmira

No even after start review:

1. Everything is more compact but sporadic

For example if you ask best moves, the recommendation will be shown up above (before it would be below the actual moves)

2. Can't jump in into self analysis after certain moves

3. Historical moves is shown horizontally. It annoys me

4. Also iirc I could access opening data bank from game review. Now the function perhaps it's there but idk

vinalmira

Also the chat bubble covers the iconic advantage/disadvantage bar (although there's a +- counter on the chat bubble)

PJSKVocaloid_39
Uhm mine isn’t like that
PJSKVocaloid_39

edited comment Andrewsmith 

JamHam14

I hate it too.

JamHam14

The 2 main issues being that the advice bubble has to be moved to look at the eval and also that the moves are displayed linearly so it takes longer to scroll if you just want to check something towards the end of the game. An option to restore the old version until this one is improved would be great.

Mulibert

I hate this new analyze method too. Old was way better. Typical example for changing sth without knowing the customers preferences...

cdovhspam

It's abysmal and I want the option to have the non garbage UI back

PartofShiv
JamHam14 wrote:

The 2 main issues being that the advice bubble has to be moved to look at the eval and also that the moves are displayed linearly so it takes longer to scroll if you just want to check something towards the end of the game. An option to restore the old version until this one is improved would be great.

Agree. Maybe other people like it, don't know. But for me, old one was better.

chaosphere656

There is already a big thread about that crappy review, page 2 in the forum. You can downgrade to a previous version. That's what I did. Please send requests to support in order to change that.

Mikeyaacoub56

Came here because mine just got updated to this too and I hate it. Game review was the only reason I was subscribed, so that I can learn more easily, but this isn't intuitive. I don't care about the virtual coach, I care about the eval of each move and alternative pathways, that was easily presented in the old Game Review without the over-complication of analysis mode. Now the new Game Review hides that simple analysis behind difficult to navigate elements

KirbyDictator

Fully agree with the last comment, if this stays like that, there is no point for me to keep my subscription

michaeleschuler

I hate it also. The text is too big, and the option to I quickly jump through the moves appears gone.

TS1202

Absolutely awful. They should enable the classic version

self_transcendence

It is complete trash and just such a disappointment. The lack of vertical moves is really hard to navigate

kliedesys

It's absolutely terrible, I don't get why chess.com team completely ignores any feedback, and just pushes worse and worse UI versions of game review/analysis.

JamHam14

Just cancel your membership like I did. You get the opportunity to share why you cancelled and your premium membership carries on until the end of the term you've paid. You're effectively just turning off auto-renew. They don't respond in any way to suggest that they've read your feedback though, just the automatic 'if you'd like you to discuss other membership options give us a shout' emails.

"Game review! That was it! It's rubbish! Just go back to how it was and you can have my money!"

oldseminoob

The graph is also missing from the stats page. I liked the old game review where it all was om one page.