Forums

US Chess possible screw up?

Sort:
electrosaw

I played in the mixed doubles in the US Open with my sister Melinda Brady, we were in the brother and sister section of it. We ended up receiving clutch wins in the final round to score 11 points total for our team. I thought this was a guaranteed win for us because the second highest team for the brother and sister mixed double group was trailing 1 point behind us now, with a final score of 10 points for team Vishal. Yet when I checked the final standings as of tonight I was angry to see this.

This is extremely confusing to me. Why would team Vishal (no hate btw) receive this prize when clearly me and my sister won it as you can see from final standings for Brother and Sister mixed doubles below.

As you can clearly see we beat out the other team by one point. So I am confused on how they could possibly make this mistake? Maybe I am in the wrong, not sure. But I knew we would have a problem like this as soon as when we signed up for Brother and Sister mixed doubles they put us in as a husband and wife. Which was funny now that I'm thinking about it, but when it happened I knew that couldn't be a good sign of the competence of the people who worked the prize handing.

Small rant over, still upset over this. Please fix this US Chess

bye.

electrosaw

I would like to also say that there is a chance I could be wrong here. Of course I cannot always be right (unfortunately) But the way I see it US Chess made a clear blunder here and I would like someone to either tell me how I could be wrong in this case, or have someone rectify this mistake.

spindriftcan

I don't mean to be rude but you js posted in the wrong section for this stuff. OTF is full of kids who probably can't help ya :/

breezehappysquirrel
LOL
ChipTheBoi

hOI!!!

breezehappysquirrel
I can help! ;)
spindriftcan

#5 proves my point well

electrosaw
spindriftcan wrote:

I don't mean to be rude but you js posted in the wrong section for this stuff. OTF is full of kids who probably can't help ya :/

based off the useless responses from these probably 12 y.o children I can say with 100% certainty you are right.

spindriftcan

@electrosaw let me connect you to our resident adult, @breezehappysquirrel

electrosaw

looks like I need to contact someone actually useful lol

spindriftcan

She's our babysitter

spindriftcan

#10 probably 😂

SwordofSouls2023
electrosaw wrote:

misspell of "Sister" into "Syster" could be a possible reason; uschess probs uses an algorithm and since sister is spelled syster, the algorithm probably detected that you weren't brother sister

probs should contact uschess if they don't fix it soon (they should have actual people check the prize winners anyways lol)

SwordofSouls2023
SwordofSouls2023 wrote:
electrosaw wrote:

misspell of "Sister" into "Syster" could be a possible reason; uschess probs uses an algorithm and since sister is spelled syster, the algorithm probably detected that you weren't brother sister

probs should contact uschess if they don't fix it soon (they should have actual people check the prize winners anyways lol)

btw nice wins lol, i sold there sorta tho i got rating lol

breezehappysquirrel
#8 lmao poor you 🤣
electrosaw
SwordofSouls2023 wrote:
electrosaw wrote:

US Chess L ngl

breezehappysquirrel
#11 🤣🤣
breezehappysquirrel
Pl move this to General Chess Discussion
the_annoying_inkling

1. OTF is probably useless for these questions.

2. I don't know much about tournaments, but maybe contact who ran it.

electrosaw
SwordofSouls2023 wrote:
SwordofSouls2023 wrote:
electrosaw wrote:

btw nice wins lol, i sold there sorta tho i got rating lol

got lucky most of my games. Also got unlucky in some of them. How it works wink.png