Forums

992273 "MVII"

Sort:
Illbtu
Master's Cut
White to play and win the game
BishopTakesH7

All the traps made this one pretty difficult. Solved though.

Illbtu
BishopTakesH7 wrote:

All the traps made this one pretty difficult. Solved though.

You are a serious puzzle composer so everything is solvable for you my friend. However it means gray-hair for those who are not familiar. happy

However "the original" had this nice dummy. Also the problem was a duality at the end of the main motif of the puzzle. 

This was my first puzzle shared in the forum, all unintentional. I was playing around, and I pressed the "post" by accident...

SuryaVS
The second was easier - Used a hint for the first but second no hints - easy once you see that the knight has to come in to mate
Illbtu
SuryaVS wrote:
The second was easier - Used a hint for the first but second no hints - easy once you see that the knight has to come in to mate

The second one is not a real puzzle motif, it is just as the first one. However the second one has a duality at the end of puzzle. The thing is that black's best defense is not to take the saced rook and just push the pawn ignoring the temptation, staying on the straight and righteous path. I just made that because it is a nice side-dish, that is now lacking on the first puzzle on this thread.

Please visit "the original" thread that is 3 years old and read the conversations that have led to the creation of this thread and the subsequent remade puzzle.

Illbtu

However there is another question rearing it's ugly head: "Can "Master's Cut" puzzle's position be achieved legally?" meh

Hey... Have your say.

SuryaVS
I think it can be ach
SuryaVS
ieved only in a study as the pawn are to far away with only 6 pieces and pawns of the white side captured.
SuryaVS
Sent it in two messages by mistake
SuryaVS
Wait, I just calculated, I think it is possible if black promoted the b pawn to anything and hung it on e4