Forums

can't delete friend

Sort:
x-5459459400

someone added me and i accepted by accident thinking it was a challenge but when i tried to delete him he still remains on my friend list no matter how many times i confirm remove friend

Martin_Stahl
FartChess6969 wrote:

someone added me and i accepted by accident thinking it was a challenge but when i tried to delete him he still remains on my friend list no matter how many times i confirm remove friend

What friend?

And how are you trying? Website or app?

x-5459459400
Martin_Stahl wrote:
FartChess6969 wrote:

What friend?

kumush13, i am on the website and when i click remove friend he remains on my list, maybe this is bug

Martin_Stahl

Does it give any error message?

Martin_Stahl
d4iscrazy wrote:

i don't think you can delete a friend, after all their account can't just go bye bye

You can remove them from your friend list tongue

MCLXVIII
Wow sounds serious especially if thereโ€™s something about the person you donโ€™t want to have to deal with there should be an option like Facebook has where you can unfriend or Block Good Luck if anyone finds the solution let me know I donโ€™t have that problem I have a limited amount of friends right now if someone challenges another person does that make them friends ?
RonaldJosephCote

You can't delete that, but you can "un-friend" them.

x-5459459400
Martin_Stahl wrote:
FartChess6969 wrote:

What friend?

no error shows up, what happens is i click "remove friend" and it removes it from my list and then i refresh the page and it shows up on my friend list again, also if i click on the profile it says "add friend" like we are not friends but he shows up in my friend list noi matter now many times i remove lol, it must be a bug (the guy isn't doing anything weird, chess.com just isn't letting me unfriend)

RonaldJosephCote

Maybe clean your computer.....

x-5459459400
RonaldJosephCote wrote:

Maybe clean your computer.....

it must a bug, i unfriend the account but it still shows up on my friend list

Martin_Stahl

Yes, there's another bug that's been reported around friends so it's very likely the two problems are related. Staff are aware.

RonaldJosephCote

I stand corrected.....my apologies Sir. nervous

wintersocks

i'm having the exact same issue right now. i cannot remove friends from my list. i unfriend them but when i refresh the page they reappear in my friend list.

please fix this bug.

PegKnights

Several months ago I was having an issue where I couldn't archive messages. Every time I hit "Archive" the conversation just kept reappearing in my inbox after refreshing. That's fixed now though.

Caitlin_Clark_Fan_Forever

It isn't working for me too

NIGHTMARE09223

One year later and rhis bug still isn't fixed

NIGHTMARE09223

this*