Forums

Would you say it's FAIR that I am stuck at 500?? Look at the attachment below...

Sort:
beastAra123

I am still stuck at 500, when Chess.com lists my avg rating as 1300 in a game and thinks that I played a great opening and middlegame, and I checkmated my opponent in a whopping 15 moves with 93.2% accuracy... Any thoughts...

beastAra123

I just squeezed my opponent in this game...

Doezelhaas
Great game! But in other games you played reckless and didn’t pay attention to your opponent’s plans. Play longer games and do lessons/puzzles. According to your profile you’ve only been playing for four months. If that’s the case you’re definitely not stuck, you’re just a beginner. Don’t lose faith! 💪🏻😄
crusaderking777

Yes its fair, you miss tactics, no opening strategy, bad decisions. Play rapid 10 minute games and analysis every game. You will improve its inevitable. Congrats on your fast progress so far

Jenium

The rating is the rating. Everything else is just a gimmick to make customers happy.

beastAra123

@crusaderking777 I think you are right. Only the Ruy Lopez and Italian are the openings which I can play well... The problem is I am in the basic plan, no more than 3 puzzles a day... Speaking of puzzles I have a rating of 1200 in Puzzles... Sometimes the analysis says that I'm 200 and sometimes 1500.. and thanks for your nudge @Doezelhaas and maybe you're right @Jenium

P.S. All of you are 1000+ and in case of @Jenium 2000+ in Blitz

Hekin_Bamboozled
Yeah one game means nothing, the rating system accurately reflects the overall skill of a player
beastAra123

Yeah...

ChessMasteryOfficial

Good job happy.png

leankata

It's a well played game.

But you are rated 500. The calculated rating estimates in the analysis are worthless.

The feature is pointless like your accuracy. If this is your best game, it shows your maximum level of performance, which has little to do with your average performance, just like your calculated minimum level of performance will be <100.

If we calculate your performance rating based on the score of your last 10 rapid games, we get a performance of 501. So you are 500.

BaphometsChess
Fair?!? Who’s the nihilists around here?
beastAra123

Of elo, I suppose #9?

fred1259

I know who you played :devil

beastAra123

No...

borovicka75
Ratings which game review give is usually total nonsense, never look at it. Once it wrote that i plaed like 2900 which is better than Carlsen. But i am not. Is it fair?
magipi

For balance, let's take a look at another game by beaastAra123:

https://www.chess.com/game/live/108164549992?username=beastara123

Based on the 2 games, 500-ish rating sounds about right.

beastAra123

Well, since that, look at my game archive and the game I played in Rapid against Lohit005, and you will see that I have benefitted from that mistake...

P.S. I do not indulge in any forms of disrespect to the mentioned player above...

beastAra123

Anyway, I think at least 600...

beastAra123

I played as Black here

beastAra123

And the game I had originally mentioned...