Forums

Stuck at 900

Sort:
barrygage

I've been stuck at around 900 which seems like months now. My peak was 953 and I'm staying within a 100 rating points of that. I play real well most of the time but it seems like most of the games I lose are from higher rated players. It's like chess.com knows so they make me play stronger players lol. I'll take any advice to get to 1000 so I can get off this Rollercoaster. Thanks 

Eyes1289

Like you said.... It's usually the higher rated opponents whatever the official rating so 1000 is rather low to ask for 🀣 yeah just practice endgame puzzles, watch YouTube tutorials to see if you can do the subject and watch the higher rated players to learn something πŸ™ƒ

barrygage

I appreciate all your advice and on other forums as well

creatonistus

"Play to learn" , that's what I tell myself before pretty much every game πŸ‘ Rankings are a weight around all our necks 😊

barrygage
creatonistus wrote:

"Play to learn" , that's what I tell myself before pretty much every game πŸ‘ Rankings are a weight around all our necks 😊

Thanks

Asnitte

There are a lot of skills in chess, but before 1000+ blunders are mostly 1 move blunder. So blunder checking is the most important thing, and if you don't make a blunder, your opponent will make blunder. All you have to do is to avoid blunder (especially, free piece and knight fork) and get an advantage when your opponent makes a mistake.
Β One of the best learning method is learning from your own games. When you lost your game, you can find what you have to improve from that game. You can analyze your game and find where you made a blunder, and after you learn from that you can avoid the same blunder in later games. The more time you do this, the more solid player you will be.

barrygage
Asnitte wrote:

There are a lot of skills in chess, but before 1000+ blunders are mostly 1 move blunder. So blunder checking is the most important thing, and if you don't make a blunder, your opponent will make blunder. All you have to do is to avoid blunder (especially, free piece and knight fork) and get an advantage when your opponent makes a mistake.
Β One of the best learning method is learning from your own games. When you lost your game, you can find what you have to improve from that game. You can analyze your game and find where you made a blunder, and after you learn from that you can avoid the same blunder in later games. The more time you do this, the more solid player you will be.

Thank you