Forums

lost 200 elo points in one day. is this normal?

Sort:
therealwoku
i got to 1200 a few days ago, and today i played for about 3 hours and lost all of my elo and went straight down to 1000. is this normal and is it just a bad day
Toldsted

Tilt

therealwoku
is that normal though?
blackpanther11121

I have done it

MeisterInDerVerkleidung

No sir it isnt

MeisterInDerVerkleidung

I see you've lost a lot of games lately, that's probably because you don't take breaks in between games

MeisterInDerVerkleidung

I used to be 200 and when I hit 600 I seemed to be stuck there so I took a break for a week and then got back to it and I progressed now im 875 and on my way to 1000. I'm just sharing what worked for me

MeisterInDerVerkleidung

It might not work for everyone but you should probably take it easy and study your previous games

BigChessplayer665
therealwoku wrote:
i got to 1200 a few days ago, and today i played for about 3 hours and lost all of my elo and went straight down to 1000. is this normal and is it just a bad day

I lost 200 elo before but I've only done that 2-5 times total

BigChessplayer665
MeisterInDerVerkleidung wrote:

It might not work for everyone but you should probably take it easy and study your previous games

Yup analyze your games lol even if it's a loss or win just try not to listen too much to stockfish even if it's ight sometimes

therealwoku
alright thank you guys
ashvasan
I’ve done it, but I lost 300
JBarryChess

I've done that in blitz (200+ tilt). The big mistake is not walking away and taking a break.

BigChessplayer665
JBarryChess wrote:

I've done that in blitz (200+ tilt). The big mistake is not walking away and taking a break.

I don't walk away I just take a five minute break sometimes then continue playing lol that is if you want to continue grinding quiting is also fine

doggo6912
I lost 354 elo
JBarryChess
BigChessplayer665 wrote:
JBarryChess wrote:

I don't walk away I just take a five minute break sometimes then continue playing lol that is if you want to continue grinding quiting is also fine

LOL, one more game, one more game. I do that and get clobbered lmao.

BigFoxy90

I'll tell you it does happen, although not often. The 50 to 100 point tilts are far more frequent. I did recently suffer a tilt of about 240 points off of my rapid rating. From 1605 to 1360 something. It was deflating, demoralizing, and set me against the game for a few months. But I started to work my way back and try to get my mentality right and I've started to climb again. Progress in this game is definitely not going to be linear and you should expect some swings from time to time. Until this severe is usually due to psychological problems like fatigue, stress, brain rot etc. review some of the games you lost and try to learn at least one thing from each of them. Try to play more casually until you're ready to start going for points again.

Good luck buddy!

BigChessplayer665
JBarryChess wrote:
BigChessplayer665 wrote:
JBarryChess wrote:

LOL, one more game, one more game. I do that and get clobbered lmao.

Play enough games as long as you don't get into a bad mentality (sometimes it does months to recover ) you'll get back to your rating in about a week at least that was my experience

mikewier

Yes.

BigChessplayer665

Sometimes you even reach a peak after

Tilt peak tilt peak mode tilt usually that's the cycle of chess lol until you plataue then you need to figure out ways to break it usually trying new things help or trying to make play better