Forums

Sort:
Prince_Skywalker

xtreme2020
Warning, this guy just brags about his rating 24/7 this isn’t a legit thread it’s probably just made to brag
sndeww
Prince_Skywalker wrote:

Just wondering for a friend

no actually you need to be 2303 to be in the cool kids club

Jenium

Another bragging thread? Tell your friend she is doing well. As for you, keep hustling. 100 more points and you'll be there too.

chesssblackbelt

I wouldn't call it a good rating, let alone a great one

You need to be titled to be good imo

chesssblackbelt

Great I would say GM

chesssblackbelt

I mean yeah I do too but these are the elderly titled players who flag easily. In otb I'd probably lose

chesssblackbelt

Yeah online is nothing like otb

chesssblackbelt
Prince_Skywalker wrote:
chesssblackbelt wrote:

Yeah online is nothing like otb

Actually I won all the tournaments that I've played in OTB

so, OTB is just a longer version that provides more time to play

its traditional chess and pretty boring actually

I like blitz online because my friends have ADHD and they can't play traditional chess or sit for a long time so I get them to play blitz 3/0 otherwise they would not play

I agree OTB is boring

But I still think it's the best way to see how good someone is at chess

sndeww

I can't really take this man seriously when every line he types sounds like a Teen Titans Go villain

sndeww
llama_l wrote:
cR1NN wrote:

I can't really take this man seriously when every line he types sounds like a Teen Titans Go villain

I designed a rocket to block out the sun, and in the future dumb adults will have to pay me to power the solar panels on their houses.

But when they try to hand me the money I will pretend to be asleep. They think they're smarter than me, but you should see the look on their face when I surprise them by actually being awake the whole time!

Breaking news: Local teenager asleep... but was actually awake the whole time?!

Darla from Channel 5 News here, LIVE on the ground to bring you only the best news possible. Today we have an unprecedented occurance... a young man is charging people to pay to have him install solar panels on their houses. However, when people flock to his business, he is asleep! Has anyone ever heard of such a way of doing business before? To get a feel for the situation, we interviewed many people for their thoughts on the situation.

"Um, well, I really need the renewable energy, and right now he's the only man smart enough to do it."

"On his website, he says he learns even faster than AI, because AI doesn't exist! I didn't beleive such a dashing young man existed. His future is very bright!"

"I'd trust anyone who can send a rocket to Mars, and he's done it."

As you can see, public sentiment is quite positive despite the teenager's sleepiness...

sndeww
llama_l wrote:

Genisus are always misunderstood.

1x1 = 2, just ask Terrence Howard... now there's an adult who makes all of us feel smart heh.

You see, we can prove this is true. To do this we will first prove that 1=2.

How? Let's assume a = b. Whatever a is, b is the same.

We can multiply both sides by a, and then subtract both sides by b^2.

This results in a^2 - b^2 = ab - b^2.

This can be simplified into (a+b)(a-b) = b(a-b).

We can remove (a-b) from both sides. a+b = b.

since a and b are the same, we can change this equation to 2b = b.

Dividing both sides by b, we get 2=1. Therefore, 1=2.

This 1x1 = 2, because 1x2 = 2, and 2=1. Easy.

sndeww

noo why'd you tell them

chesssblackbelt
Prince_Skywalker wrote:
chesssblackbelt wrote:

But my friend beats up on titled players in chess all the time

like this game i just played for example. obviously otb i'd die from here but online he just hung everything and died because hes old lol

sndeww
chesssblackbelt wrote:
Prince_Skywalker wrote:
chesssblackbelt wrote:

like this game i just played for example. obviously otb i'd die from here but online he just hung everything and died because hes old lol

I don't think a lot of people understand that beating a titled player online isn't the same. Online, you meet the player because he's a similar rating as you. So it's not surprising that you win. Example:

chesssblackbelt

yea i mean this guy is probably just enjoying retirement and writing his will while playing i dont think online games against old titled players mean anything

chesssblackbelt

also they should increase the rd for blitz it takes so long to increase rating. been here for an hour and my ratings barely changed

chesssblackbelt

lol i beat the grandpa FM again in a dead lost position. idk what hes doing in time pressure bruh

is he writing his will? is he changing pension provider? are the board sounds giving him WW2 flashbacks? he does like 2 moves in 20 seconds then flags

chesssblackbelt
Prince_Skywalker wrote:
chesssblackbelt wrote:
Prince_Skywalker wrote:
chesssblackbelt wrote:

but you're not 2300

I'm 2500 on lichess

Before I tilted the other day I was nearly 2400 here

chesssblackbelt

Lichess ratings are the same at our ratings