Forums

Is 1100 considered a respectable and above average rating?

Sort:
ChessIsAGoodBoardGame

Hello! Hoping for answers

justbefair
ChessIsAGoodBoardGame wrote:

Hello! Hoping for answers

If you look at the Leaderboards, the average blitz rating is 629. So yes, 1100 is well above the average.

In rapid, the average is 623.

The bullet average is 588.

ChessIsAGoodBoardGame

daily

justbefair

Daily is 886.

ChessIsAGoodBoardGame

ok thanks

ChessIsAGoodBoardGame

others?

Alexeivich94

It's decent but definitely doesn't command respect

ChessIsAGoodBoardGame

@bobby_max a player rated 1044 should not say this

Kyobir

1100 is good

PeriodicTableGenius

Yeah 1100 is respectable enough, considering the average, but not the best possible in my belief

ArambolChess

It's about finding a rating where you respect yourself. I personally feel disgusted with my chess and that's a big reason I am improving a lot faster than most people here. Don't worry about what others find respectable.

PJSKVocaloid_39
Not bad, but not op.
BoofinHard

Urgh. These validation posts are so tedious. Just play chess and enjoy the beautiful game. Don't chase numbers.

blackpanther11121

Bobby max, so true the Botez sisters over here peaking out at about 400 rating

Honchkrowabcd

1100 rating is terrible. At that range, most games are just decided by who can take the most hanging pieces. It's even worse for Daily because lots of people lose on time.

Gupta3612

1100 is a respectable rating. It is not like you are an expert at chess, however you are not extremely good. At 700 elo, you are below average however at 1400, you are 95th percentile, (better than 95 out of 100 people on average). At 1100, you are in the middle, which I would consider respectable

Alexeivich94
Gupta3612 wrote:

1100 is a respectable rating. It is not like you are an expert at chess, however you are not extremely good. At 700 elo, you are below average however at 1400, you are 95th percentile, (better than 95 out of 100 people on average). At 1100, you are in the middle, which I would consider respectable

These percentiles are not accurate because people make multiple accounts to mess around with and leave them low rated. In reality the average is much higher, atleast 1000+

Ziryab

1100 is an advanced beginner. Many people play chess for decades and never reach that level. Everyone who studies chess exceeds it quickly. If you care about rating, study to improve.

Do tactics (preferably from books that arrange the problems in an instructive manner).

Learn the games of Greco, then Morphy, then Capablanca. Those should get you over 1600.

Learn checkmates.

Kyobir

just listen to what an actual 1100 has to say: they're the noobs among the people who know what they're doing.

BigChessplayer665

Above average yes is it good ,debatable I like to say for casual level it is good you could beat most people but at a competitive level it is not that great either there's still room to improve