Forums

Is 100 accuracy even possible for chess engines?

Sort:
GervLS

I dont know why I posted this but I just want to know and if yes show me a photo please.

GervLS
sashubad wrote:

yes

proof

blueemu

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this "accuracy" stat is CALCULATED by the engine.

... so of course it can get 100% accuracy. All it needs to do is agree with itself.

UppityEelChesskid

No, the maximum accuracy is 99.6 for some reason

ATM622

here is 100% https://www.chess.com/analysis/game/live/4619084821

chamo2074

Well I think sometimes the engine remove some 0.1 s because the player in question didn't choose their fav opening. I'm curious to see if the game 1.e4 e6 is 100 for both sides

Pulpofeira

The first two moves are mistakes!

Aida_Amin

Wow! Never seen 100% until now. But I guess its not really amazing, since the game only has 4 moves

Aida_Amin
blueemu wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this "accuracy" stat is CALCULATED by the engine.

... so of course it can get 100% accuracy. All it needs to do is agree with itself.

So true...

TeacherOfPain

I've gotten 99.8 before... so 100% accuracy doesn't seem to far off, but it is true that it is almost impossible to get it, even if you played all the best moves in the positions with no mistakes, as it doesn't seem like the algorithms were mean't to calculate 100%, but I don't know...

I would assume it could be done by the Engine, but don't know if the Engine would do if for humans...

pinkblueecho
chamo2074 hat geschrieben:

Well I think sometimes the engine remove some 0.1 s because the player in question didn't choose their fav opening. I'm curious to see if the game 1.e4 e6 is 100 for both sides

I think this is spot on. I won a game in 8 moves as white playing the Queen´s Gambit Accepted with either book moves or "best moves". It gave me 99.6%. Must not like d4 as much for whatever reason.

chamo2074

Can you send me the game, the engine thinks d4 and d4 are both +0.25 or such

pinkblueecho

Can you send me the game, the engine thinks d4 and d4 are both +0.25 or such

Accuracy 99.7%:

chamo2074

OK I will check something

chamo2074

d4 and e4 are the moves that the engine doesn't favour, it prefers 1.e4 and 3.Nf6 or Nc6

pinkblueecho

d4 and e4 are the moves that the engine doesn't favour, it prefers 1.e4 and 3.Nf6 or Nc6

Sorry, there seems to be a typo there with regards to e4. Could you clarify that?

TeacherOfPain

Well accuracy shouldn't be determined on what Engines prefer, but rather what is played in a game. It is very interesting how engines do this...

chamo2074
pinkblueecho a écrit :

Sorry, there seems to be a typo there with regards to e4. Could you clarify that?

I meant the engine prefers Nf6 or Nc6 in terms of evaluation

chamo2074
TeacherOfPain a écrit :

Well accuracy shouldn't be determined on what Engines prefer, but rather what is played in a game. It is very interesting how engines do this...

Wdym?

pinkblueecho

Strange. I just checked this on Stockfish 11 at depth 48. It gives d4, c4 and Nf3 +0.2 each. It doesn´t like e4 (-0.1!) very much and, in fact, prefers e3 (0.0)!