Forums

Debate: Is 3000 elo possible?

Sort:
Reee_the_Vizeist

Hello

Reee_the_Vizeist

I was wondering, is it possible for someone like Magnus Carlson to finally get 3000 elo?

MaetsNori

Magnus is struggling to reach 2900.

But some player will quite possibly cross the 3000 barrier, in the future. Someone who'll become much stronger than Magnus. Some young prodigy who will glance at Magnus' best games and see inaccuracies and room for improvement.

They're likely not born yet.

Reee_the_Vizeist

I agree

NotAUniqueUserName

OTB rating inflates overtime as players feed back their scores into the system (skill drop increase draws, then loses), and the impact of score floors. Thus, it is easier in the future to get a higher score as long as the number of players does not decrease (more retirement than new players).

Reee_the_Vizeist

I am only a 530 elo myself, and I actually don't know how to get better.

Reee_the_Vizeist
IronSteam1 wrote:

Magnus is struggling to reach 2900.

But some player will quite possibly cross the 3000 barrier, in the future. Someone who'll become much stronger than Magnus. Some young prodigy who will glance at Magnus' best games and see inaccuracies and room for improvement.

They're likely not born yet.

I always wonder, who will that one chess player be?

Reee_the_Vizeist

Hello everyone. I am now following Vizeism. If you are a former Redpawnist, please join here: https://www.chess.com/club/the-vizei/join

The leader of this is Vizeist. If you join us, you must accept Pacifism and spread the word of Vizeism.

VenemousViper

I think yes. Stockfish's elo is around 3600, so it's technically possible.

ltsTimmy
Online there are many people how are 3000+ Magnus Hikaru many of the famous names are 3000+ on chess.com some are even 3200
RTT018

Someone said "Stockfish's elo is around 3600 so it's technically possible.". It is literally impossible for a human to get as good as stockfish, 3000 might be possible but competing with or beating stockfish is impossible.

Reee_the_Vizeist

Comrades, I have just discovered two Bughouse players whose elo is over 3000. That means it is possible with Bughouse.

KavyaEarth

true

KavyaEarth
RTT018 wrote:

Someone said "Stockfish's elo is around 3600 so it's technically possible.". It is literally impossible for a human to get as good as stockfish, 3000 might be possible but competing with or beating stockfish is impossible.

Is it ( being sarcastic)

BigChessplayer665

Hikaru got to 3400 elo

q-w-e-r-t-y-u-i-o-p

Probably, but the person will probably have been born and raised for the sole purpose of playing chess. Chess all day and all night since they were born. Then you start to reach the problem of being inhumane. To summarize: Possible? Yes. Humane? Probably not.

BigChessplayer665
GabeMiami10 wrote:

They're talking about FIDE elo not chess.com

Ahhh nevermind

I'm guessing maybe in 40 years but not yet lol

Unless Magnus wins 100 + games in a row

chessgm2099

Sometime in maybe 5-10 years an existing person will come out of nowhere and break the 3000 elo barrier with ease

Neithersafenorsus
Astley-1 wrote:

And still, stockfish will rule supreme, so the prodigy will have to train against stockfish and look at Magnus' most crucial losses and try to find inprovement.

Stockfish- and other of the best bots, especially Lc0 (even if he/she'll probably lose almost all -if not all- the times and draw very few times).

chessgm2099
GabeMiami10 wrote:

It definetly won't be magnus. His downfall is coming soon.

yes very true, magnus is going to fall soon, he will likely never even reach 2900 elo, it will almost certainly be some other prodigy