Forums

at what rating can I beat the 2000 rated bots/computers

Sort:
Jimemy

I am trying to get 3 stars on as many bots as possible. So far I have manage to beat 2 of the 2000 rated bots. But for me it takes forever. Like I lose maybe 98% of the games versus this bots. At what Rapid rating can I expect to go 50% win rate versus this 2000 rated bots?

What are your guys rating (rapid) and what is the highest bot you beaten so far.

weirdoguyawesomw
You can just play a one minute against the bot and near the end just keep premoving to flag the bot
llama51

Glad my intuition was correct... I was thinking you'd be able to win at least once (after many attempts) at a rating of 1600, and that's what you are.

When could you go 50%? I don't know, I haven't played the bots that much... but 400 rating points is about the right gap to go from winning 1 out of 50 to winning 1 out of 2... so maybe a  rapid rating of 2000.

(and yeah I know 400 rating points means scoring about one out of ten but that doesn't make a distinction between draws and wins. Winning 1 out of 50 is a reasonable interpretation of scoring ~8%)

llama51

I think they changed the bots... new bots are much faster... they switch to 100% premoves after you get to something like 15 seconds. I just had a 1|0 game against Isibel (1600) that lasted over 90 moves and at the end of the game her clock was on 30 seconds...

Jimemy
weirdoguyawesomw skrev:
You can just play a one minute against the bot and near the end just keep premoving to flag the bot

There are no time or clock at all when I play the bots. 

llama51
Jimemy wrote:
weirdoguyawesomw skrev:

There are no time or clock at all when I play the bots. 

After selecting the bot, there's a "custom" option at the bottom. After you select that you can set a time control.

Jimemy
llama51 skrev:

Glad my intuition was correct... I was thinking you'd be able to win at least once (after many attempts) at a rating of 1600, and that's what you are.

When could you go 50%? I don't know, I haven't played the bots that much... but 400 rating points is about the right gap to go from winning 1 out of 50 to winning 1 out of 2... so maybe a  rapid rating of 2000.

(and yeah I know 400 rating points means scoring about one out of ten but that doesn't make a distinction between draws and wins. Winning 1 out of 50 is a reasonable interpretation of scoring ~8%)

Oh thanks that is good info. I didnt trust the rating on the bots because when I played the lower rated ones they did do silly misstakes. But maybe the rating is more correct on the bots the higher it is. 

I am not sure if I ever will make it to 2000 rating. To me it just looks like they play almost perfect. 

sideus8

I just posted a video on my TikTok but I vary wildly from 1300-1700 and with a Queen’s Pawn Opening/Accelerated London for white I can get a 2000 bot into the same handful of positions and win or get a winning advantage I fumble about 30% of the time. My wins include about 5 inaccuracies a piece, no brilliants, and a great move differential of 3-4+

If you can hit those benchmarks you should see similar results.

JOK-E-R

When I was 1600 I beat the 2000 bot, so I don't think it's actually 2000