Forums

2300 I found a trick (not traps but playing style)

Sort:
BigChessplayer665

I'm finally putting on the pressure against these 2200s !

BigChessplayer665
baesixTheSwexy wrote:
I told you listening to Ariana grande would improve your Elo!

Or listening to relaxing music that's what I do instead (but that's not the trick ! )

Wy_Guy69

hardstuck 1900-2000 elo. what helped you improve from 2000

BigChessplayer665
Wy_Guy69 wrote:

hardstuck 1900-2000 elo. what helped you improve from 2000

I started keeping peices on the board(blitz)

BigChessplayer665

But that was for blitz tbh I would suggest trying to play better (rapid ) and take free peices when they are offirs so like play better openings

Cause legitimately in my experience most 2000s hang something by move 10 maybe move 20 in rapid

Thechessplayer202020

What's the trick??

Thechessplayer202020

I can't even beat 1100 blitz lol

BigChessplayer665
Cirrin wrote:

nice job! but you tilted down to 2250... I mean, why do you play so many damn games if tilt happens so often?

I only got to 2306 what do you expect lol like your probably oig to go down 50 points f you can keep the rating

It happened when I got to 2250 ish I titled down to around 2150 just a theme I tilt a lot then I increase In elo for whatever reason (I used to grind videogames alot ) so I'm used to the tilt xd

Actually I increased probably from 2150-2250 lol like I'll get to 2300 again at some point

BigChessplayer665
Thechessplayer202020 wrote:

I can't even beat 1100 blitz lol

The trick is just keep pieces on the boardnd setting up as many opportunities for your opponent to blunder as possible either you or your opponent will blunder at some point

I'm not sure what's the trick for getting to 2500 plus yet tho

dallasprogamer

good job dude

BigChessplayer665
Norwegian_Magnus wrote:

Besides... keeping your pieces on the board and hope your opponent blunders is not the right mindset...you will not get very far lol

Not only that of course but keeping your pieces on the board and being patient and slowly trying to attack is helpful

BigChessplayer665

3|0 is what I'm talking about (blitz chess ) but I do even better in 5|3

BigChessplayer665
Norwegian_Magnus wrote:

Because in the game of chess you slowly build an advantage...if it is bullet blitz or even rapid your method might work...but if you are playing real chess it's not what you're looking for

True I would play differently in classical of course if slowly build an advantage or try to but it really depends cause sometimes people panic in classical games anyway where it could be an easier move to spot

BigChessplayer665
Norwegian_Magnus wrote:

Well... rapid not as likely... because the more time the more accurately you play...

Not in 10|0 thoughI a lot of the same mistakes other people make even in 10|5

BigChessplayer665
Norwegian_Magnus wrote:

Yes we all make mistakes but if you are over 2100 you should at least be playing solid

Honestly I prefer to attack tho I can be pretty decent at defensive chess when I want to

BigChessplayer665
Norwegian_Magnus wrote:

If we are talking about bullet...the online bullet rating is so inflated that you can't even get accurate results...that is the simple reason rapid is usually most popular

Bullet is a bit inflated I think blitz chess is the most competitive for 1600-1800+ while rapid is the most popular for beginners

BigChessplayer665
Norwegian_Magnus wrote:

I don't know who you are playing but rapid is enough time not to blunder lol

People blunder anyway don't ask me how lol I just put too much pressure on the position and half the time they blunder actually in rapid I got a +2 position in the opening after I messed up against an IM lol

BigChessplayer665
Norwegian_Magnus wrote:

Although classical will show you your real skill... because you usually aren't worried about the time

I don't think so it depends... And it isn't always time that makes you panic it could be the speed of he moves ,or stress

BigChessplayer665
Norwegian_Magnus wrote:

Yes but if you want to know a little about your real chess rating you usually need to play rapid then subtract about 100-200 points or so

Until 2000+ in blitz chess actually alot of titled players (not all) have lower rapid ratings than blitz ratings so I wouldn't say that's accurate

BigChessplayer665
Norwegian_Magnus wrote:

The reason why blitz is higher is because it's rating system is inflated 😂

No I thought it was because less people play rapid at higher levels and more people play blitz chess at higher levels