Forums

2024 Chess.com Classic: Who are you rooting for?

Sort:
Wind

After both exciting Play In and Division Placement stages, the 2024: Chess.com Classic Divisions stage kicked off today with its spicy 4 games match + bidding armageddon tiebreaks format, and high quality chess moves coming from all sides.

Div. I saw Carlsen and Keymer both secure their advance before game 4 vs Ivic and Sarana, respectively. Firouzja won game 4 but then hanged a mate sequence and resigned vs Duda in armageddon, Lazavik managed a key draw vs Nepo in game 4, securing his bracket advance.

Meanwhile Div. II and Div. III are also heavily packed with top guns. Div. II saw eight players advance, with the four next Winners Bracket Quarterfinals pairings being Aronian vs Kollars, Oparin vs Esipenko, Hakobyan vs Dubov, and Jospem vs MVL, while the Losers Bracket is nothing short of top players, sporting Caruana, So, Vidit and more.

What are your favorite players, who are you rooting for? Post in the comments below!

You can watch the Div. I live broadcast of the 2024 Chess.com Classic on Chess.com/TV or on our Twitch and YouTube channels, and Divs. II and III live broadcast at our Chess.com Community Twitch channel.

Keegan

I’m betting on Fabi to pull through. πŸ’ͺ

atmicboy10

Magnus is the GOAT!

JackBolsen

I'm rooting for anyone who uses an engine and gets away with it.

atmicboy10
JackBolsen wrote:

I'm rooting for anyone who uses an engine and gets away with it.

Bro, they are engines! Don't need to use one. LOL wink

Utkarsho

Yoo nice! β™₯

CagnusMarlsen4710

Myself

Iris_for_the_Pin

In Division III I'm cheering for Benjamin Bok.

In the other Divisions I am mostly just enjoying the chess. I really want to see Lazavik do well, for example.

TheLengendaryBishop
Stockfish.πŸ™ƒ
HEADLESS_ANGLE_999

HIKARUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!

MedetUmydow

AlphaZero😁

JackBolsen

I seriously hope Hikaru loses to some 9 year old using AI.

PromisingPawns

Denis lazavik is interesting to watch, I am rooting for him.

magipi

Apparently, Magnus is playing two tournaments at once. The first is this one (online), the other is Superbet Rapid & Blitz Poland (OTB). Very weird.

OctavioPZ8

Magnus IS great

Utkarsho
OctavioPZ8 wrote:

Magnus IS great

Yeah!

Iris_for_the_Pin

Wow. Keymer held off Magnus with 3 draws before finally losing on time in the fourth game. Has anyone held off Magnus 3 times in a row, before?

AndreisPiqui

M

kamo4730

Me

grandyultimatejkl567

Hi