Forums

1000 reasons you drawed a game

Sort:
Armatise

Try to come up with the most random reasons why you drew your game. I'll start first:

1. You were winning with material while your opponent only had their king. As you were about to checkmate them, you misclick your queen, which ended as a stalemate.

2. You were winning with 22 points of material. As you were about to demolish your opponent, it resulted in timeout vs. insufficient material. 

3. You were doing perpetual/repetition for fun when you were 38+ material and you made a draw. 

4. You were having one of the best games in your life. Your game was about 150+ moves and you were winning in the endgame. However, thanks to the 50-move rule, your game ended in a draw and now you are contemplating your life. 

5. You were winning with a 30+ material advantage but felt sympathy towards your opponent. You both agree on a draw. How kind of you. 

It would be nice for this forum to reach over 1000+ comments

GalaxyGirl253

uhh cuz i didnt feel like playing

jackityjackjack

Cuz my opponent is 2200 but ran out of time and accidentally stalmated.

jackityjackjack

This actually happened, and made it so I beat her in the arena we were playing in.

Wind

i drew my game because it started raining cats with parachutes

Kaleb341

I drew my game because I picked up a pencil and sketched out the possible lines.

mii_t_ogs

me brother

HenryUrbanek

I had an easy ladder mate, but dinner was ready so I ran out of time.

Giraffe1100

Checkmate in 1

T-jankins9522
Draw by checkmate
Armatise

A draw from a checkmate???

RWQFSFASXC2000

Draw because I was fasing my alt and offered a draw from both ends

Armatise

@jackityjackjack wait actually?

Armatise

@Kaleb341 I would do that too, but with arrows, not lines.

Armatise

@HenryUrbanek Yes, very relatable.

RWQFSFASXC2000

drew my game when i was about to win but had to leave

RWQFSFASXC2000

Timeout vc Insufficent Material

Armatise

@RWQFSFASXC2000 It's so irritating, right? When you are winning but you accidentally fased alt and offer a draw. My keyboard sometimes randomly does that, which is something I want to fix.

Armatise

@jackityjackjack Yes, sometimes I would play against high-rated bullet players over 2000+ and they would mostly draw against me. The funny thing is that they're always winning as well. Until they accidentally do repetition, stalemate, or timeout vs. insufficient material.

Armatise

@RWQFSFASXC2000 I think most people might possibly draw due to the fact they have to leave or go somewhere. For example, to go to a dentist appointment or their dinner was ready.