Forums

Guess the elo

Sort:
assassin3752

I've seen a few people do guess the elo, so i might as well do it myself.

Welcome to Guess the elo ladies and gentlemen, the ruled are very simple

1. if u get the exact elo right, then u get a 100 points, 

2. If u get the elo within 10 points of the rating range, then u get 75 rating points

3. if u get the elo within 25 points of the rating range, then u get 50 points

4. if u guess the elo within 50 points of the rating range, then u get 25 points.

5. if u guess the elo within 100 points of the rating range, then u get 10 points

6. if u guess the elo within 300 points of rating range, then u get 3 points

blitz game (3+0) 

Each person gets to guess 3 times at max.

I will wait for a certain amount of people to post. Once I show the answer, the round will be over and the next round will begin. There are 5 rounds in total. The person with the most points win. In this game u have to guess blacks rating. If u guess more than 3 times, then u are cheating and u wont be allowed to play guess the elo anymore. In this game, u have to guess blacks elo.

Good luck guessing!

LeventK11111111

Black should be between 1200 and 1300

assassin3752
LeventK11111111 wrote:

Black should be between 1200 and 1300

u cant do rating ranges 

assassin3752

u have to guess a certain number

LeventK11111111

assassin3752

ok

chesswithsammy
600 800 1200
emily748

Seallv

Ilampozhil25

white is super noob

black is ok

average rating of 2 players- 800

Ilampozhil25

but rly anonymous's is the biggest and best one

its also super hardcore mode

shloksinha

ch3ssboii

Black should be around 1400, 1350 or 1275.

WilliamJohnB

In response to the OP, White - 500, Black - 2900.

ImRealMail

Jay_Plays

Seth1446

If white is anywhere above 1000 then....

RoccoChess123

tlay80

This is a good idea for a game, but I don't think a short lopsided game like this is a good one to use.  In a game like this, where White plays quite poorly and Black just has to play easy-to-find, logical moves to win big, there's no way to tell whether Black is 200 points better than White or 1200 points better.  I mean, you're within your rights to do it this way, but there's not going to be much skill to getting this one right -- it's complete guesswork.

When I've seen this before, the games were quite long, and it was stipulated that the two players were within 100 points of each other.  The goal was to find the mean of their two ratings.  That sort of scenario is something that can typically be judged with more skill, and it makes it more fun to try to figure out.

assassin3752
tlay80 wrote:

This is a good idea for a game, but I don't think a short lopsided game like this is a good one to use.  In a game like this, where White plays quite poorly and Black just has to play easy-to-find, logical moves to win big, there's no way to tell whether Black is 200 points better than White or 1200 points better.  I mean, you're within your rights to do it this way, but there's not going to be much skill to getting this one right -- it's complete guesswork.

When I've seen this before, the games were quite long, and it was stipulated that the two players were within 100 points of each other.  The goal was to find the mean of their two ratings.  That sort of scenario is something that can typically be judged with more skill, and it makes it more fun to try to figure out.

ok in next round i will post a longer game