NEVER RESIGN LOL

reevjar2
also can someone help improve
reevjar2

guys pls give feedback

reevjar2

can anyone please reply to help me improve? :/

reevjar2

also i just game reviewed and apparently my move of hanging the queen wasn't a blunder, it was the best move??

reevjar2

i mouse slipped on move 15

joshforthewin

its literally 600 rated nobody rly cares becuase this sort of thing always happens at that rating

reevjar2
joshforthewin wrote:

its literally 600 rated nobody rly cares becuase this sort of thing always happens at that rating

jeez dude i only asked for some improvement suggestions

Lord_Phan

Watch some speedruns from some master players playing at your level and beyond. Chess vibes and Daniel Nadoritsky both explain WHY they make the moves they do, instead of just outplaying weaker opponents.

There are blunders all over that game, you guys are reacting and not thinking about the moves beforehand. For one of many examples, when you lost your Queen, your opponent took your knight with his bishop, you reacted by taking his bishop back with yours. However if you had of taken some time perhaps you would have seen that your knight defends the c3 square and your rook can fork the King and the Queen thus you could have traded the Queen for your rook. You can then trade off bishops and have a Knight and a Rook vs a Rook end game(or you could sacrifice the knight and take his bishop and have a bishop and rook vs a rook or he could have played the completely wrong move and you wouldn't lose either.)

Does this help?

reevjar2
Lord_Phan wrote:

Watch some speedruns from some master players playing at your level and beyond. Chess vibes and Daniel Nadoritsky both explain WHY they make the moves they do, instead of just outplaying weaker opponents.

There are blunders all over that game, you guys are reacting and not thinking about the moves beforehand. For one of many examples, when you lost your Queen, your opponent took your knight with his bishop, you reacted by taking his bishop back with yours. However if you had of taken some time perhaps you would have seen that your knight defends the c3 square and your rook can fork the King and the Queen thus you could have traded the Queen for your rook. You can then trade off bishops and have a Knight and a Rook vs a Rook end game(or you could sacrifice the knight and take his bishop and have a bishop and rook vs a rook or he could have played the completely wrong move and you wouldn't lose either.)

Does this help?

oh wow im dumb, also thanks for the suggestions, it helps alot.

reevjar2

I did play a knight sac brilliant move, but yes i missed the forced checkmate. it was my opponent that made a mistake and i spotted it. I thought twice or thrice per move and possibilities like u said. thanks

Lord_Phan

No problem, also I do agree, below 1000 rating you should never resign. Even after 1000 rating you should rarely resign unless the position is completely lost. Not only will playing it out give you needed experience, but your opponent is likely to blunder back his lead.

By the way, I've had a game where I accidentally allowed my Queen to be pinned to my King resulting in my trading a Queen for a Bishop. I didn't resign, I played on, later I trapped my opponents Queen against his King with a Rook and ended up winning the game in the long run. It happens to higher rated players too. We just don't blunder as often. So if you work on that your rating will improve.

reevjar2
Lord_Phan wrote:

No problem, also I do agree, below 1000 rating you should never resign. Even after 1000 rating you should rarely resign unless the position is completely lost. Not only will playing it out give you needed experience, but your opponent is likely to blunder back his lead.

By the way, I've had a game where I accidentally allowed my Queen to be pinned to my King resulting in my trading a Queen for a Bishop. I didn't resign, I played on, later I trapped my opponents Queen against his King with a Rook and ended up winning the game in the long run. It happens to higher rated players too. We just don't blunder as often. So if you work on that your rating will improve.

i need to take notes in some notebook on how to improve at chess ty for the tips lol

joshforthewin
reevjar2 wrote:
joshforthewin wrote:

jeez dude i only asked for some improvement suggestions

ahh sorry I only read the first post and thouht you were boasting

blackpanther11121

One thing, it's debatable whether you were winning or not. The material was tied, you had three passed pawns, and their king was vulnerable.

blackpanther11121

You probly had a winning position there.

reevjar2
blackpanther11121 wrote:

You probly had a winning position there.

i just checked the evaluation it said i had a -2.1 position in the endgame

you're right, but i thought that i would fumble.