Forums

I'm at 269 ELO, What should I train in order to reach 500?

Sort:
Vertemes

So far I've been using bots, doing the daily puzzles, and making sure I use my daily game analysis against the coaching bots. I've been going up little by little, but I feel like I'm just using common sense instead of using actual tactics and skills. What should I expect in the 200-500 ELO range and how should I train to reach 500 ELO

RichColorado

Why do you need a ELO RATING?

Vertemes

Because I want to see signs of improvement

dutchmav

I would say...keep playing and doing what you do...im not a good player or anyrhing but by playing more games you start to recognize patterns, traps and certain openings...it helps you to find out openings you enjoy and setups you need to practice more...so just do more and be patient

ChanMan4

Play the vienna gambit!!! Also play rapid 15/10 so you have time to think

LJGoomba
Vertemes wrote:

So far I've been using bots, doing the daily puzzles, and making sure I use my daily game analysis against the coaching bots. I've been going up little by little, but I feel like I'm just using common sense instead of using actual tactics and skills. What should I expect in the 200-500 ELO range and how should I train to reach 500 ELO

Play against me!

Nanotsukare

I recently climbed through that range to 630 or so. I tried to use one opening every time (Italian Game) and explore all my misses in depth in game review/analysis. I try to trade somewhat aggressively so that the position doesn't get too complicated (I tend to lose on time in those cases). I also do a lot of puzzles and aimchess. Sicilian was kicking my butt so I watched several "anti Sicilian" videos and tried the simplest ideas which helped.

Mac-Smith
ChanMan4 wrote:

Play the vienna gambit!!! Also play rapid 15/10 so you have time to think

I would prefer you play some blitz because you need to think faster. It can help you analyze positions quicker and be able to have more time as you play. But play what you want, I just prefer blitz for training.