Forums

How to improve, im stuck with 400 elo :(

Sort:
idkhaha123456789

Taksh_Mod

Puzzles. Try puzzles if u can spend money buy diamond it'll give u infinite puzzle which can help you increase your chess vision as a beginner do not try to learn new openings instead focus on just basic opening. Hope this helps

idkhaha123456789
Taksh_Mod wrote:

Puzzles. Try puzzles if u can spend money buy diamond it'll give u infinite puzzle which can help you increase your chess vision as a beginner do not try to learn new openings instead focus on just basic opening. Hope this helps

Thanks i'll do some puzzles

RussBell

Improving Your Chess - Resources for Beginners and Beyond.....

https://www.chess.com/blog/RussBell/improving-your-chess-resources-for-beginners-and-beyond

GottaSeeAManAboutADog
Best advice, do the puzzles, complete the beginner lessons, play the lower level bots and try thing out. Watch some matches of high rated players. It helps
sqjs

I noticed that in many of your games you move rather quickly even if you have a large amount of time on the clock, which results in blunders and misses. Make sure to focus on why your opponent moved somewhere.

monke_ah_dude

Fix tunnel vision and board vision. Im 700 elo and after doing some vision training i can easily gain elo

monke_ah_dude

Not only that, i beat 2 1000s 4 800s.

AlexanderCharlesAshby

Do puzzles for a while but make sure you don't get addicted to them, game review helps a lot as well if you have premium and make sure you watch high levels players and learn from them too.

Woolers
Make sure to look at the whole board before making a move. This will help you to not lose pieces and take your opponent’s pieces when they are hanging. Also, try doing puzzles as these will help you with tactics. Overall, keep playing and you will improve, making sure to not get tunnel vision an look at the whole board. If you’re still not sure, check out gothamchess’s videos on climbing the rating ladder.
ewionxfkajdfqwa
monke_ah_dude wrote:

Not only that, i beat 2 1000s 4 800s.

Yeah I beat a few 2200+ players from time to time

sithchess66
Try new opening and play a lot
ChessMasteryOfficial

Learn and apply the most important principles of chess. - (core of my teaching)
Always blunder-check your moves.
Solve tactics in the right way.
Analyze your games.
Study games of strong players.
Learn how to be more psychologically resilient.
Work on your time management skills.
Get a coach if you can.

jonathanxavier1

Good afternoon, please, I need you to clarify a question for me. in an impthetic move where my king is attacked by a rival piece but is covered with his own piece and it is my turn. Is the move prohibited where I take out the piece that protects it and my king is automatically exposed to a checkmate by the opposing piece?

SmasherBroYT

If you are not improving upon 400 elo ,even doing everything! I have my own discord server! There you can cross 700 elo so far! Dm me for my discord :) as my server will have more members i will add mlre coaches that will also help others to cross 1k+ elo FOR FREE!