Forums

Beating high level 2000 rated bots for improvement.

Sort:
ImTrashLOL_91

I have been struggling trying to get above 1000 rating rapid points, currently I'm 700. Does beating the high level bots help any? I recently beat the Manuel bot that is rated 2100. Is this a good sign of improvement or does it mean absolutely nothing and should be disregarded? Is playing bots pointless because they are to easy? I will link my game. Please take a look at tell me if I played ok. 

I was playing as BLACK.

Aston_Dong
No I don’t think it helps
Aston_Dong
Where is your link game?
casualchesseasymode

i watched this game, and it didnt play like a 2100, sometimes, they make mistakes on purpose, and its a bit random, try beating that bot 2100 10 times out of 20 or so, and i beat you would be very good at beating players rated 1600 to 1700.

masterius77

Haha I can't even beat up on the bots that are 1600 and higher though I'm getting somewhat closer to that by the day. Never beaten a 2000 not yet though. I think it helps playing bots, to learn how to stay even in material. Or even gain an advantage. A lot of the bots will have certain openings they play so it could be good practice for opening theory.

Roarsbaby

I'm stuck at Lorenzo bot at 1800. I would love to play actual people. My rating is 841.
Anyone fancy a game?

JBarryChess

I think playing the bots helps keep or get back "chess sight." I'm tilting again so I'm going to play the bots more. I think the bots' ratings are inflated by 80% to 100%, in other words a 2,000 rated bot is more or less equal to a 1,000 rated person, maybe 1,200 or so.

ImTrashLOL_91
JBarryChess wrote:

I think playing the bots helps keep or get back "chess sight." I'm tilting again so I'm going to play the bots more. I think the bots' ratings are inflated by 80% to 100%, in other words a 2,000 rated bot is more or less equal to a 1,000 rated person, maybe 1,200 or so.

That's what I was thinking. They need to be more realistic with their bot ratings.

ImTrashLOL_91
casualchesseasymode wrote:

i watched this game, and it didnt play like a 2100, sometimes, they make mistakes on purpose, and its a bit random, try beating that bot 2100 10 times out of 20 or so, and i beat you would be very good at beating players rated 1600 to 1700.

I can't come close to matching up with 1,500 - 1,600 rated players. My brother is 1,800 and he beats me 99% of the time in a humiliating way. I struggle with beating a lot of 700-800 rated players.

ImTrashLOL_91
Aston_Dong wrote:
Where is your link game?

The game should show in this post. There should be a visible chess borad? I see it still in my post.