Forums

TOP-5 most ACTIVE group/clubs at chess.com

Sort:
SHWETA_BENIWAL

There are a ton of groups and clubs at chess.com, but which ones are the most popular and most active today?

Below I am sharing a list of #TOP-5 most active and best group/clubs for you.

Which group/club is most active, organised and with 24/7 happening activities and why this group is best for you to join ? let's find out >>

#1 => INDIA-11

INDIA-11 is the most active and fastest growing group/club at chess.com with 400- estimated new members per week.

INDIA-11 club represents India in all official International team matches at chess.com. Group plays team and also vote chess matches as well. If you're looking to chat fun with other friends and chess players, then India-11 is best group for you.

India 11, has the second most active chat room on Chess.com and the best for chatting, socializing and networking, where you can meet and discuss with great chess players all over the world. 

Group Homepage: 

http://www.chess.com/groups/view/india-11

Club Hompage: 

http://www.chess.com/clubs/india-11

#2 => !♔NM Aww-Rats Free Video Lessons!♔

12,000+ members. Come join the VERY BEST coaching group on the World Wide Web!. Led by the top selling coach on chess.com for last 3 years! Simple to follow video lessons program to improve your chess play! Countless players are getting stronger here, why not you? . 1) National chess master with over 40 years tournament experience to guide you. 2) Free simultaneouses by titled players; coaching staff to analyze your games; tournaments, and plenty of free videos! 

Group/Club Homepage : n/a

#3 => The power Of Chess

The Power of Chess is among the largest groups on the site and is ranked #1 on the Chess.com Vote Chess Leaderboard and Chess.com Team Match Leaderboard. With more than 900 team matches and 100 vote chess games in progress, The Power of Chess is indeed the most active chess-playing team on Chess.com.

#4 => PHILIPPINES' FINEST Chess Club

The PHILIPPINES' FINEST Chess Club is for the Filipinos with the love of God and country. The only Filipino Chess Club  who aims not only to be number 1 in chess.com but also in the real life. This is a brotherhood who will help for the country's progress. Club only accept for those who are willing to help the club.

#5 => Chess.com University

Chess.com University is the largest group on Chess.com and the best chess-teaching organization on internet! From college-like chess courses to chess camps with super-GMs, Chess.com University has it all! The group also offers simuls with grandmasters, interactive chess seminars, live member game analysis shows and much more!

Chess.com University has a world-class teaching staff. Instructors either formally or presently associated with Chess.com University include: super-GM Boris Gelfand, GM Roman Dzindzichashvili, GM Valeriy Aveskulov, GM Ben Finegold, GM Levan Aroshidze, GM Magesh Panchanathan, GM Mac Molner, GM Dejan Bojkov, IM Valeri Lilov, IM Daniel Rensch, IM David Pruess, FM Dalton Perrine, NM Dane Mattson, NM John Williams, and Kairav Joshi.

There are other group/clubs as well at chss.com however In my list these 5 are on top. If you have any group/club name, then please share with us in comment section.

SHWETA_BENIWAL

What about groups, chess_school or chess_champ ? do they deserve to be in the list? 

ArgoNavis

Pure advertisement of Team India (oh no, who would have thought it?)

If you're going to advertise your group, at least admit it.

SHWETA_BENIWAL
kingofshedinjas wrote:

Pure advertisement of .....

I am only sharing my ideas and views.

SHWETA_BENIWAL
kingofshedinjas wrote:

The truth is that it is a kindness to lie sometimes. You know that?

Archit_17

oh come on Shweta. The chat group being the second most active chat room is completely false. At an average, there is only 1 user in the room. 

Archit_17

And also, there are many groups with many many more members than India 11. While I appreciate your contributions to the surging popularity of this group, please dont use false facts to achieve your purpose. 

SHWETA_BENIWAL
Archit_17:

Don't be ignorant !!

-To be ignorant of a matter means not to be aware of it.....ARE YOU?

If you are then, It's my pleasure to show you this screenshot for your better awareness >> 

kco

Yeah, is alive and well.

ArgoNavis
kco escribió:

Yeah, it's A_L_I_V_E and W_E_L_L.

Now it's correct

ArgoNavis

India-11 group was created on 25th April

Today, 12th May, it has 427.

You said it had a growing rate of 400 new members/week

You liar

Stop advertising your group

SHWETA_BENIWAL
kingofshedinjas wrote:

India-11 group was created on 25th April

India 11, admins recently have deleted or banned more than 400 memebrs. What we can do about this?

ANOK1

i like groups of around 100 strength this allows for many to know each other , i see groups 10x that number yet they lack team spirit , i think this is down to the size ie sometimes quantity outweighs quality

i am in one group with 1000 + members i wont advertise it though , just look my profile if interested , this group bucks the trend being very lively and having a very good team spirit ,

what i would say is that chess.com groups should be places members feel at home in and where they feel able to express themselves , so even if the group numbers only 10 as long as all are at home then cool

SHWETA_BENIWAL
ANOK1 wrote:

i like groups of around 100 strength this allows for many to know each other , i see groups 10x that number yet they lack team spirit , i think this is down to the size ie sometimes quantity outweighs quality

i am in one group with 1000 + members i wont advertise it though , just look my profile if interested , this group bucks the trend being very lively and having a very good team spirit ,

what i would say is that chess.com groups should be places members feel at home in and where they feel able to express themselves , so even if the group numbers only 10 as long as all are at home then cool

Exactly !! well said.

SHWETA_BENIWAL
C0mputer5-STOCKFISH wrote:

I vote to ban India 11 for using other engines than Stockfish!

LOL :) 

ArgoNavis

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/community/team-india-12

THE ONLY TEAM THAT REPRESENTS INDIA

gerberk

CHESS IS HUGE IN iNDIA.

I never been there but played a game here  against a guy called BombayGarage.He was pretty good.

SHWETA_BENIWAL
gerberk wrote:

CHESS IS HUGE IN iNDIA.

I never been there but played a game here  against a guy called BombayGarage.He was pretty good.

That's true. Also it's a well known fact that chess apparently originated in India during the 'Gupt Empire' in the 6th century. It was known as 'chaturaṅga' at that time.

gerberk

The history of chess can be traced back nearly 1500 years, although the earliest origins are uncertain. The earliest predecessor of the game probably originated in India, before the 6th century AD; a minority of historians believe the game originated in China. From India, the game spread to Persia. When the Arabs conquered Persia, chess was taken up by the Muslim world and subsequently spread to Southern Europe. In Europe, chess evolved into roughly its current form in the 15th century.

The "Romantic Era of Chess" was the predominant chess playing style down to the 1880s.[citation needed] It was characterized by swashbuckling attacks, clever combinations, brash piece sacrifices and dynamic games.[citation needed] Winning was secondary to winning with style.[citation needed]These games were focused more on artistic expression, rather than technical mastery or long-term planning.[citation needed] The Romantic era of play was followed by the Scientific, Hypermodern, and New Dynamism eras.[1] In the second half of the 19th century, modern chess tournamentplay began, and the first World Chess Championship was held in 1886. The 20th century saw great leaps forward in chess theory and the establishment of the World Chess Federation (FIDE). Developments in the 21st century include use of computers for analysis, which originated in the 1970s with the first programmed chess games on the market. Online gaming appeared in the mid-1990s.

Chess remains a highly popular pastime among the general populace. A 2012 survey found that "chess players now make up one of the largest communities in the world: 605 million adults play chess regularly". Chess is played at least once a year by 12% British people; 15% Americans. 23% Germans; 43% Russians; and 70% Indian people.[2]

SHWETA_BENIWAL
gerberk wrote:

The history of chess can be traced back nearly 1500 years, although the earliest origins are uncertain. The earliest predecessor of the game probably originated in India, before the 6th century AD.....; 

lol :) 

You're very informative!