Forums

High level chess coaching from a 2600+ FM

Sort:
Mindhunter08

Hey guys, I am offering amazing lessons for a very affordable price. First lesson is free, so you can decide after you take it whether you want to go further or not. Message me if you are interested, and we can talk details.

Cheers

jackityjackjack

I'm planning on accepting that offer once I get a Job.

jackityjackjack

Though I could get this from at least 5 people I know, I'm guessing you charge $25 per hour session?

Mindhunter08

yes

Mindhunter08

If you get 4 hours upfront, you get fifth one for free

jackityjackjack

Nice. So that makes it more like $20 each.

Mindhunter08

yeah

Mindhunter08

Still accepting students. Message me in private or here if you are interestedhappy

HolographWars

Hello!

(Improving) 1900 USCF / 2200s rapid here.

What would each lesson generally look like in terms of content?

Mindhunter08

I sent you a private message

BigChessplayer665
Mindhunter08 wrote:

Hey guys, I am offering amazing lessons for a very affordable price. First lesson is free, so you can decide after you take it whether you want to go further or not. Message me if you are interested, and we can talk details.

Cheers

I'm interested in the free lesson is that fine ? I probably won't be able to pay anytime soon unfortunately

I'm close to 2300 blitz even if I can't do the lesson a few tips might be helpful if it doesn't take too much time !

BigChessplayer665

How is the free lesson structured do you have to pay first or the other way around ?

Mindhunter08

The first lesson is completely free, you can just leave if you dont like it, you dont have to give any promises at all.

bobby_max

Sorry. Can't get lessons from anyone who uses the Dark Side. Also, your name seems Russian, and my experience with Russian coaches has been very bad.

Mindhunter08

Okay, you could atleast try to do the free one, it will give you the full picture. But, its up to you...

benirelando
Sure
Sporegasm

I may be interested depending how your coaching is and how we mesh happy.png

LowBudgetDave
How much better should the coach be compared to the student? This is a general question, because some people in our club are within 300 to 400 points of the coach.
Mindhunter08

I think it should be atleast 300 points and higher, everyhting else is in coaches ability to teach

BigChessplayer665
LowBudgetDave wrote:
How much better should the coach be compared to the student? This is a general question, because some people in our club are within 300 to 400 points of the coach.

It depends some people are really good at analyzing games even if they are 1500 which can be super helpful even with the low rating but the general rule of thumb is usually at least 300-500 points higher is best