Forums

Inland Empire Chess SoCal

Sort:
Skwerly

Hello, all! 

My name is Derek. I play chess at the Denny's off of Valley Blvd in Fontana/Rialto on Friday evenings, and also at Back to the Grind coffee shop on Thursdays sometimes.  If you also play at either or both of these places, post up here or message me your contact information so that maybe we can get together at other times to play, as well.

Also, if you are from the Inland Empire area (Riverside, San Bernardino, Relands, Upland, Pomoma, etc.)  and wish to play some over-the-board games now and again, either post in this thread or message me with information and we'll see if we can't set something up.

Skwerly

I know yer out there!  Speak up!  :D

neeeeenja

I'm in the Inland, but what does "over-the-board" mean?

Skwerly

i mean not online, as in meet in person with a set and pieces and a clock.  "over the board" is a term to denote live chess.

bulletheadbilly

hey Sqwirly, if u ever shoot up north for any reason, Bullet will be your Huckleberry.... Turock ca ... Central Valley ... straight up the 99 ...  we got a denny's. 

bulletheadbilly

see my pick here.. thats my old dog"BATMAN BERDU"       u know what the berdu stands for dont u?

Skwerly

Nice!  I'll definitely keep that in mind.  :)

bulletheadbilly

batman is from COLTON.. bullet was born in UPLAND.. 

cashflowmaker

Hey skwerly, you still up for OTB games once in a while?

audiom101

I'm also in the IE.

ChrisJo92

Hey Skwerly! Trying to look for local players near by. Just happened to stumble across this old post. I live in Rialto if you still meet up and play. 

aaquinopxp

There is a club in Rancho Cucomanga that plays rated games from 11 to 5 on  Sunday at 11200 Baseline. PLease email to get an update of the tournaments. The TD is taras mackey :[email protected]. That is also the home of the Inland Empire chess team. there are 2 masters on board on that team , fide rated players and uscf players. There are also 5 world  Fide ranked kids on the team. The range of the rating are from 1200 to 2270. There will be a match against the La Palma club on the 23rd of September , game starts at 11am. The clib just opened this year.

tattoart

Looking for tournaments to join.  I am pretty new in the area.  Would also be willing to just play one on one with someone.  I have 4 yrs experience, I live in Colton.  My email address is [email protected]  Send me a message if you have any info or would just like to play.  Also, you can leave a post here and I will get it.  Thank you!

audiom101

Funny enough, I'm just on my way to play in Rancho... there are a few of us on chess.com from the area that play.  You can contact me for more info.  Either PM me here or [email protected].

Cheers-  John

Franquis

Are any of you guys playing locally in Rancho or anywhere else in the IE?

bulletheadbilly

bullets in victorville working during the week. staying at the ambassador, Bring a Board and come get some////!

theJAZZcat

Anyone up for casual playing? (Without clocks)  I'm in the Ontario/Rancho area. 

Shoot me an e-mail!

[email protected]

Kiss_Da_Ring

Hi all! Looking for some casual playing in the Rancho/Fontana area as well! Please message me if interested!

KJ6BWB

I'm looking to interview a couple local chess players this week about how/where you play.  Please email me at [email protected] or call me at (909)529-BART(2278).  I'm in Lake Arrowhead, but I don't mind coming off the mountain -- at the moment, I'm writing this from Banning.

Franquis

Anyone live in Rancho Cucamonga, the IE/So Cal? and want to get OTB games and practicing with clocks?